My 2011 in a picture and 5 lists


1. Tweet of the year, pictured above, which appeared whilst I was giving my keynote at the Arts Marketing Association conference in Glasgow in July.   


2. Places I've been for work-related reasons: Newcastle, North Shields, London, Edinburgh, Middlesbrough, Stockton-on-Tees, Lincoln, Gateshead, Wallsend, Manchester, Belfast, Ulverston, Plymouth, Sunderland, Cambridge, Sheffield, York, Durham, Darlington, Glasgow, Banff Alberta, Wakefield.


3. Most visited 2011 Thinking Practice blog-postings: Applicant time: what price service from the arts ecosystem?, KPIs: one size may not fit all, Philanthropy in the regions can be done, Not Minding The Gap, Culture Change: first change your mind, Re:arts: thoughts from Sartre 


4. TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms): NPO,KPI, PNE, OMG, MMM


5. Nice Work If You Can Get It column in the business plan: well, all my marvellous clients obviously, but a few where I reminded myself this was not what my dad would call work: spending time at the Banff Centre to do a keynote and workshops at Banff Opera Colloqium, thanks to the eagle-eyed Christina Loewen of Opera Canada; evaluation sessions with young people at BALTIC and Mongrel UK for the Juice Festival; making senior management teams or groups of partners draw pictures; every time I enjoyed a play, gig, show or exhibition or museum I wouldn't otherwise have got to, and yes, pretty much everyone who was able to laugh and concentrate and imagine and make some hard choices whilst we worked together during this tricky year.


6. Cultural highlights: Will Eno's Oh, The Humanity and Other Good Intentions at Northern Stage, Wilco live in Manchester and great new album The Whole Love, BALTIC hosting Turner Prize, Gillian Welch new album, Sean O'Brien's November... and lots more.


7. Regrets: there's a few, but then again, too few to mention. (Well, not now anyway.)

Here's to 2012!







Comments

Post a Comment